[FPSPACE] harbinger of Kessler? space junk takes out a bird

robot at ultimax.com robot at ultimax.com
Fri Dec 27 19:15:20 EST 2019

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/meteor-m-n2-2-has-failed-but-recovery-may-be-possible/

Assuming that the s/c was pressurized to about 1 atmosphere, that must
have been one heckuva hole to produce enough thrust for "sudden orbit
change".  Sounds like more than a "micrometeorite" to me.

I'm surprised that unmanned Russian technical s/c are still cooled this
way.  I understand why Soviet reconsats were ~60 years ago, b/c the
vehicle was derived from a manned craft, and early Soviet electronic
components generated a ton of heat.  But still?

RGK3