[FPSPACE] Is Russian "project SIRIUS" real or a scam?

John Charles jbcharle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:15:17 EDT 2018

Yes, as Phil Clark said, Project SIRIUS is real. NASA's Human Research
Program is one of the customers in this multinational project. Russia's
IBMP will support all selected participants only during the isolation
period (4 months on the first "mission", and 8 and 12 months on the
follow-ons), so candidate crewmembers must provide their own financial
support, either from their national space agency or other institution, or
themselves, even, for their time in Moscow during training before and rehab
and debriefing after the mission.
And, also as Phil said, this might be a target for creative and attentive
scammers who have previously asked for money to bring home stranded African
cosmonauts from the Russian space station Mir.
John Charles
Houston, Texas