[FPSPACE] Irina Pronina

Space Fan spaceflightnews at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:42:30 EDT 2018

Thanks Bert - interesting stuff!

From: FPSPACE [mailto:fpspace-bounces at mail.friends-partners.org] On Behalf
Of Bert Vis
Sent: 19 September 2018 11:18
To: 'Space Fan'; fpspace at mail.friends-partners.org
Subject: Re: [FPSPACE] Irina Pronina

She was there as a guest, not a member. She's been to several of these
congresses (I remember seeing he in Seattle 2008 and Kuala Lumpur 2010),
always a guest, and goes on the tours with the astronauts' spouses. Natalya
Kuleshova also used to come, when she was Exec. Secretary of ASE Russia. I'm
pretty sure that it was Kuleshova who invited her (they are friends).
Kuleshova was scheduled to come this time as well, but dropped out in July
for unknown reasons

In Minsk, there were also several cosmonaut widows as guests. I saw those of
Kadenyuk, Glazkov, Shonin, but there were several more who I can't remember
right now.

Bert