[FPSPACE] ISS flight day 1 secret crisis

Zeger Nuyens dokter.nuyens at telenet.be
Wed Sep 19 09:39:40 EDT 2018

> Interestingly, Krikalyov was actually suggested by NASA in Jan 1996  > during the visit of the RKA team. As veteran of Mir and shuttle >
missions, according to NASA, Krikalyov was a right Russian-crewmember >
for the first ISS mission. The RKA team called Moscow and got a green >
light to accept NASA’s proposal. There, they talked only of two >
crewmembers – Krikalyov and Shepherd (5 years before their > missions).
I do not have evidence that NASA suggested to the RKA team > Shepherd to
be a commander of the ISS-1 mission. When Shepherd’s > commanding role
was announced in Oct 1996 during the visit of NASA > delegation to
Moscow, the only person who opposed that “proposal” was > Solovyov.

So if I understand this correctly,Solovyov was bypassed?

Zeger