[FPSPACE] ISS flight day 1 secret crisis

IVANOVICH Grujica (EnergyQ) grujica.ivanovich at energyq.com.au
Tue Sep 18 18:26:05 EDT 2018

Interestingly, Krikalyov was actually suggested by NASA in Jan 1996 during the visit of the RKA team.
As veteran of Mir and shuttle missions, according to NASA, Krikalyov was a right Russian-crewmember for the first ISS mission.
The RKA team called Moscow and got a green light to accept NASA’s proposal. There, they talked only of two crewmembers – Krikalyov and Shepherd (5 years before their missions).
I do not have evidence that NASA suggested to the RKA team Shepherd to be a commander of the ISS-1 mission.
When Shepherd’s commanding role was announced in Oct 1996 during the visit of NASA delegation to Moscow, the only person who opposed that “proposal” was Solovyov.