[FPSPACE] Apollo-related Gobbledygook

Peter Pesavento pjp961 at svol.net
Thu Dec 13 21:54:34 EST 2018

It wasn't until recently that I became aware of the fake news (and this is
fake) that there were secret aspects to Apollo 17, and that there were
actually launched Apollo 18, 19 and 20 missions.

This material apparently is being promulgated by Linda Moulton Howe on her
Youtube channel, etc.  Within the last ten days or so.

I am providing the link for the historical record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1nwKAYfSU.  Her declarations are very
difficult to digest.  She has a very credulous mien.

Apparently there is someone claiming to be a "secret" Apollo 17 astronaut
who got to go on the mission (in place of one of the actual astronauts-but
which one?).  This bird's name is allegedly Jon Harold Lavine, which is
probably not a real name to begin with.  He allegedly is 71 years old, which
means he would have been 21 in 1968-a bit young to be an Apollo astronaut
trainee, considering the age of the actual persons who actually trained for
Apollos 17 through 20.  This claimant allegedly saw an ET on the Moon on
Apollo 17-but did this creature wear a spacesuit in the airless environment?
Not stated as far as I can tell.  The alleged picture she talks about shows
an ET without said environmental suit protection.

What bothers me is Linda actually has a bonafide reportage emmy (that she
garnered back in the late 1970s, if memory serves), and so I am very
mystified how she could end up espousing such easily disproven mish-mash.
All she would have to do is visit NASA-sourced webpages to find out whom
were the real crew, and this guy was not on it, and she could have found
about the back-ups, and this guy was not on that one either.

Apparently coast-to-coast AM is also furthers this (a late night national
call-in radio show out of Nevada in the United States).
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/11/29

But no matter.

Also, apparently this alleged Lavine character knows about "the real story"
(meaning a completely made-up one) about Apollos 18, 19 and 20.  According
to his claim, Apollo 18 and 19 failed, in which the astronaut crews never
returned from the Moon.  Apparently these were launched.  How, I don't know.
If my memory serves, the Saturn V rockets were not made available for these
missions.  Apollo 20's was repurposed for Skylab in a January 1970 decision;
in September 1970, Apollo 18 and 19 were cancelled.

Going on Wikipedia, I found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_20_hoax.  And another bird named
William Rutledge.  Apparently the BS is from 2007.

Apollo 20 allegedly had Leonov on board, according to the Wikipedia entry.
But good ol' Alexei has forgotten to mention his walks on the lunar surface
subsequently!

Here is a link to someone else's blog about some of this, and the person is
100% credulous.  I would not be, though.
https://onstellar.com/blogs/115076/Jon-Lavine-And-The-Other-NASA  Fantastic
claims like these require fantastic evidence. None to be had.

Has there been anything recently that happened that would get this stuff
resuscitated?  Does anyone know?

Linda needs a big sack of coal (along with the producers of coast-to-coast
AM who deserve several truckloads of the stuff) put into her stocking this
Christmas.

---
https://www.avg.com