[FPSPACE] latest South African budget

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Fri May 19 11:09:04 EDT 2017

Dear Zeger,

   all state depts have been cut across the board due to a budget &
financial squeeze. I hope my country pulls out of this in a few years. Such
funds as are available for space have been earmarked for the Square
Kilometre Array, which enjoys absolute priority over everything else.  This
is getting ZAR 800 million this year, to compete the 64 dishes of Meerkat.
We still wait for the overseas northern partners to pay up their share.....

yours in hope,  Keith.

--

Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at: