[FPSPACE] correction/update

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:45:06 EDT 2017

Chris:

Sure, all launching organizations experience delays for lots of reasons, especially when working with new hardware. My argument, though, is that for the SpaceX business model to work, they need to avoid delays because they need to launch a fairly incredible number of rockets per annum. Forty successful launches per year was what I read (IIRC) a while back in AW & ST. So, any delay is an important problem, and continued delays threaten achievement of profitability. No giant Mars cities if they can't get their basic Earth-orbital satellite launchers off the ground routinely.

dsfp

David S. F. Portree

Email:

dsfportree at hotmail.com<mailto:dsfportree at hotmail.com>