[FPSPACE] query & request on Russian translation

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Tue Oct 25 10:26:31 EDT 2016

   While this email does not concern spaceflight, this forum's most
talented professionals will be able to help my request.

    Over a decade ago, I presented a paper at a Moscow conference. They
translated it into Russian & published it. It was never published in
English.

   Today I need that paper again. To my frustration & embarrassment, I've
lost my original paper in English. The Russian editor says she long ago
discarded her copy of my paper in English.

   I am hoping that some or other machine translation from Russian into
English can come to my rescue. But I can't copy & paste it in the google
translators chunk by chunk, because I can  only get it scanned in as PDF. I
am told the machine translators require Optical Character Recognition,
working in Cyrillic & Latin alphabets.

    Can any member of FPSPACE please break my impasse & help?

with thanks, Keith.