[FPSPACE] What Mars Maps Got Right (and Wrong) Through Time

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:39:40 EDT 2016

Larry:

The author, Bill Sheehan, recently transplanted to Flagstaff to be near Lowell Observatory and USGS Astro. I actually like his lunar counterpart to his Mars book better - I think because I knew so little of the story behind the early moon maps when I read it. I think Greeley & Batson's classic PLANETARY MAPPING is online, too.

And then there's this - a little thing I dashed off. It's a bit weirdly formatted in spots but not too bad.

http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/rpif/exhibits/astros-first-lunar-map

dsfp

David S. F. Portree

Email: