[FPSPACE] What Mars Maps Got Right (and Wrong) Through Time

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:31:04 EDT 2016

Hi Nick:

Was that the USGS Mars map based on the Mariner 9 data set or the National Geographic Society Mariner 9 map with the Ludek Pesek art on the back? I ask because we played a role in the latter, too. I had the NGS map on my wall for years - all through the 1970s - until it basically disintegrated. Lots of our people of a certain age have a copy of that on their office walls - they were teens or undergrads when it was published.

dsfp

David S. F. Portree

Email:

dsfportree at hotmail.com<mailto:dsfportree at hotmail.com>