[FPSPACE] China makes no pretence about conducting SETI with FAST

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Mon Oct 17 08:47:03 EDT 2016

http://earthsky.org/human-world/china-joins-search-for-alien-life

[http://en.es-static.us/upl/2016/10/breakthrough-listen-cp-300x169.jpg]<http://earthsky.org/human-world/china-joins-search-for-alien-life>

China joins search for alien life | EarthSky.org<http://earthsky.org/human-world/china-joins-search-for-alien-life>
earthsky.org
China's big new radio telescope - now the largest of its type in the world - will join Breakthrough Listen experiments in the U.S. and Australia in seeking extraterrestrial signals.

I also wonder if they might to METI with FAST as well? For those who fear announcing ourselves to the rest of the galaxy and want this activity regulated, I ask: If China wanted to send a powerful radio message into the Milky Way with FAST, who could stop them?