[FPSPACE] How should America feel about China's space ambitions?

jameseoberg at comcast.net jameseoberg at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 17:36:04 EDT 2016

I'm fascinated by the Tiangong-Shenzhou 30-day mission, which is a sensible stepping stone to a Mir-class station but ALSO strikes me as a viable prototype human deep-space expeditionary craft -- say, lunar orbit or even SEL2 and back in a month. Systems need upgrading and a LEO-departure stage [launched by an unmanned LM-5] would be needed, but it's got all the basic modules, now in flight, that are mostly just on the drawing boards in other countries.