[FPSPACE] Soyuz ascent question

jameseoberg at comcast.net jameseoberg at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 23:33:37 EDT 2016

I'm finishing up my review draft on ground obervations
of the Meridian-5 launch failure [dec 23, 2011] and
would like to get estimated vehicle flight parameters
at the moment of the failure, 425 seconds. Specifically,
how high [I think about 190 km], how fast, and
how far downrange -- to coordinate with reports
from ground observers.

I'm happy to assume normal Soyuz 3-stage-to-orbit
figures, shouldn't be noticeably different for Fregat/Meridian
missions, right?

I hope this is a quick matter for folks with the right
tools and reference charts. Thanks!!

Jim O