[FPSPACE] Need lat/long of booster failure observing location near Tyumen, 2011

jeoberg at comcast.net jeoberg at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 21:14:24 EDT 2016

•I'm doing a report on the observations of this launch failure, from an airliner, from the Tobolsk area [expanding fuel cloud and spiraling rocket stage], and from Novosibirsk. But I can't locate the village where this video was made, in Tyumen region. Does anyone have access to a better map with its latitude and longitude? Thanks!

Запуск спутника Меридиан, вид из села Зайцево Тюм. области.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS1EHFXbqN4

Dec 23, 2011 -- Tyumen region, Siberia -- Unmanned Soyuz launch [“Meridian-5”] from Plesetsk,
engine burn-through on 3 rd stage, rupture and fast tumble, altitude 300 km, speed 6 km/sec