[FPSPACE] Slides: Elon Musk unveils SpaceX Mars Architecture

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Sat Oct 1 14:03:24 EDT 2016

thanks Dave,

  this is fascinating.  Total reusabiity is broader than SpaceX: from
Skylon to Blue Origin. Winged ascent & descent, SSTO, has a bigger
payload fraction than ballistic ascent & decent. In the end, the
accountants make the judgement call after the engineers test.

   I only wish I had the means to attend this year's IAC. I am trying to
save up for IAC 2018.

- Keith.

>>> "David R. Woods"  10/01/16 7:14 PM >>>
              Presentation slides from Elon Musk’s talk at the
International      Astronautical Congress on September 27, 2016
detailing SpaceX’s      plans for establishing a cargo and crew
architecture for future      exploration and settlement on Mars.

http://spaceflight101.com/slides-elon-musk-unveils-spacex-mars-architecture/