[FPSPACE] Upgraded "space shuttle bus" aboard new carrier rocket

Phillip Clark phillipclark at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 4 12:45:07 EDT 2016

Not sure if my postings are making it onto the list or not.

I had assumed that the "shuttle" referred to the manoeuvrable YZ-1A upper
stage which went to different orbits to drop off payloads and then was used
to de-orbit the re-entry vehicle demonstrator.   The intention was that
YZ-1A would then return to orbit (would this be a "first" in spaceflight
history?) for another day or so of orbital manoeuvres but it's unclear
whether this actually happened.

Phillip Clark

  _____