[FPSPACE] So Russia has an EM Drive they are going to test in space too?

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Sat Dec 31 03:01:01 EST 2016

   I really liked that calm review by the Tau Centuri scientist, starting
with his reminder that the  scientific attitude assumes neither that it
works, nor that it fails, but only that we don't yet know.

    His patient questioning if the experimental stand could have torque
effects from mechanical effects of the coolant loop, or from electrical
forces in circuits, brings an analogy to mind.

    Remember everyone's great curiosity & bewilderment at the anomalous
force acting on Pioneer? In the end, patient sleuthing & calculating showed
it was asymmetrical radiating of waste heat.

  So here's a new year's toast to all physicists & experimentalists!

- Keith.