[FPSPACE] EmDrive: Beating NASA, China claims to have carried out successful test of 'impossible technology'

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Wed Dec 28 03:55:49 EST 2016

Dear Mark K,

    a big thank-you for the copy-&-paste which ended my frustration!

    What all of us can say so far:

1)  Even in the worst case scenario, that experimental error is confirmed,
both China & NASA are to be complimented for funding interesting physics
experiments. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2) Should the experimental error that John Kennedy III points out be
confirmed, this will remain a textbook case to be taught in experimental
physics as to how vital it is to search for & eliminate every possible
alternative explanation - in addition to the one you were hoping for!

     Taking the best case scenario. I do not understand the claim that EM
drive requires no fuel. To generate microwaves. you need nonstop
electricity. Since the thrust reported is so minuscule, a practical EMdirve
is going to require megawatts of power, to result in useful net thrust.
Your electricity generator needs to run off fuel. PV will not work beyond
Jupiter. You would need a nuclear reactor rather than just radio-active
decay generator for the current required.

warm regards, Keith.