[FPSPACE] Former astronaut, US Sen. John Glenn of Ohio has died at 95

Red Indian dstdba at aim.com
Sat Dec 10 14:36:57 EST 2016

In 1962 it was common knowledge that Glenn was of Norwegian
descent. Little can be found to-day on the Internet to highlight that,
whereas the Scandinavian origins of Sally Ride and Deke Slayton
are easily confirmed.
As I understand it, John Glenn travelled to Norway on occasions and
maybe even found distant relatives there? Just as John F. Kennedy
did in Ireland in 1963.
--
Jens Kieffer-Olsen
Slagelse, Denmark

Attached Message

From

Chris Jones <clj at panix.com>

David R. Woods <drwoods at stny.rr.com>; fpspace at lists.friends-partners.org

Subject

Re: [FPSPACE] Former astronaut, US Sen. John Glenn of Ohio has died at 95

Date

Sat, 10 Dec 2016 11:19:50 -0500

On 12/08/16 4:35 PM, David R. Woods wrote:
> John Glenn, whose 1962 flight as the first U.S. astronaut to orbit
> the Earth made him an all-American hero and propelled him to a long
> career in the U.S. Senate, died Thursday. The last survivor of the
> original Mercury 7 astronauts was 95.

In addition to being the the last survivor of the original 7 astronauts,
he was the last human alive who had made a space flight in 1962.
Bykovsky and Tereshkova still survive from those who made Vostok flights.