[FPSPACE] An Article about Mishin Diaries

Charles Vick cpvick at globalsecurity.org
Sun Apr 10 11:26:33 EDT 2016

Dear All,

The impact of the historic revelation long since suspected and understood by myself are not better displayed than by the outstanding write up  by Mr. Mark Wade, "New Insights from the Mishin Diaries", blog post 2015-03-11, http://pausanias.blogspot.ru/2015/03/new-insights-from-mishin-diaries.html

It is the best in-depth understanding of the complicatedness of the manned lunar program mission requirements brought on by the failed efforts to get Proton and N1-L3 ready in time for the State requirements verses what the mission configurations would have been once reliably became an operational routine if it ever does.

That heritage of the original late Acad. S. P. Korolev’s requirements for the lunar mission that Acad. V. P. Mishin attempted to carry out was written up in the Spaceflight article I published from an interview with the late Acad. Guy I. Severine at the Paris Air Show “Sergey P. Korolev's Lunar Mission Profile,” Note: This is Part 3 of The Mishin Mission by Charles P. Vick. For Part 1 see JBIS, 47, 9, September 1994, p.357 and for Part 2 see Spaceflight, January 1996, p.28. SPACEFLIGHT, Vol. 38. 1996. Ref. 1. B. Hendrickx, "Soviet Lunar Dream that Faded",   Spacejlight, 37, No. 4, April 1995. pp.135-137.

Many thanks to all that made this life time effort fruitful for this depth of understanding of that history that was an integral part of our lives in that era.

Sincerely,

Charles P. Vick
Senior Technical & Space Policy Analyst
Globalsecurity.org