[FPSPACE] TsNIImash senior scientist Vladimir Lapygin arrested for 'treason'

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Thu Jul 30 06:31:21 EDT 2015

In Russia & Egypt the accused are seated inside the courtroom literally in a cage, even wire mesh over the top, just like a wild animal in a zoo.  Humiliating & degrading on the TV news I have viewed. I do not know how many other countries also follow this practice.

- Keith

>>> "Robert G Kennedy III, PE"  07/29/15 10:31 PM >>>
Kinda spooky to be hauled into a court named after a notorious prison
(Lefortovo, I presume the placenames refer to the same thing).

How ironic that he might be cooling his heels in the same prison his
fellow alumnus* S.P. Korolev spent some time at, before being shipped
off to the sunny fleshpots of Kolyma.

*Korolev graduated from Moscow Bauman also.

RGK3

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/septuagenarian-russian-academic-accused-of-state-treason/526336.html

--
Robert G Kennedy III, PE