[FPSPACE] TsNIImash senior scientist Vladimir Lapygin arrested for 'treason'

jameseoberg at comcast.net jameseoberg at comcast.net
Wed Jul 29 18:06:51 EDT 2015

As I understand it [updates needed]. the difficulty faced by this space expert, and its relevance to our activities, is that 'material helpful to hostile forces' is anon-defined category that the government simply decrees, and is not subject to court inquiry. In the US, material is labeled as to classification level and specific people are designated custodians of it, and are subject to legal penalties if they renege on their defined obligations with specific items. It's apparently much broader under Russian criminal law, and somebody who doesn't even know something is considered 'secret' [because it's not marked as such] or has no idea how some no-Russian can exploit that material against the interests of Russia, is still guilty of treason when the government simply says that's what has happened. Can anybody clarify?