[FPSPACE] Museum Exhibition runs into political (Russian)problems - small qualification

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Sun Jul 26 13:40:10 EDT 2015

Friends,

    while the Russian Government is both inept & corrupt, the litigation with Yukos is due to neither, but to what an English law academic would call a bill of attainder.

1) Kordokovsky was a regime opponent.
2) Therefore his Yukos was seized just like the estates of aristocratic opponents of King Henry VII, to bankrupt them as punishment, & to ensure they have no resources to bankroll opposition parties at the next election.

   Chris raises another interesting point. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan etc should ask that these historic artifacts be sent on a travelling exhibition to each of them.

warm regards from the southern winter,  Keith.

>>> "Peter Pesavento"  07/26/15 7:10 PM >>>
Chris,

National Heritage implications.

Peter