[FPSPACE] Here's a question (about Pluto photo down-transmits)

Allen Thomson thomsona at flash.net
Sat Jul 18 19:57:40 EDT 2015

> Is it going to take two months?  Perhaps two more weeks?  Longer?

NASA says 16 months to get all the encounter data back. Presumably some prioritization will be done, and I'd assume that the close pictures would get preference.

I've seen various assertions as to the data rate ranging between 1200 and 4000 kbps. Not fast at any rate. It is, after all, a 12 Watt transmitter beaming across four light-hours.