[FPSPACE] Mariner 4 Mars encounter 50 years ago today

Andrew LePage drew at drewexmachina.com
Tue Jul 14 10:41:59 EDT 2015

As we wait anxiously for the results from New Horizons' encounter with
Pluto, exactly 50 years ago today the world watched as Mariner 4 flew by
Mars and eventually returned the first close up images of our neighbor.
Today's post on Drew Ex Machina tells the story of the Mariner 4 mission
and how it began to transform our view of Mars from the realm of
speculation and science fiction into a real world with a distinctive
history which we are exploring today.

http://www.drewexmachina.com/2015/07/14/mariner-4-to-mars/

Drew LePage

--