[FPSPACE] Bizarre theory -- did missing Malaysian airliner land at Baykonur?

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Tue Feb 24 05:06:38 EST 2015

The allegations include the plane flying along the disputed Indo- Chinese border in Ladakh. Both sides have phenomenal SAR & other radar coverage of that airspace - you can infer how much when I mention they have  mountain garrisons of 100 000 troops under that airspace.

    I suspect that not even a drone - never mind a jumbojet - could fly through that undetected by both Indian & Chinese radar networks!

- Keith

e:

The author's wife, who loves him, gives the theory a 5% chance of being true.

She's generous.

Still, it addresses a number of international space issues AND one puzzle at Baykonur.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/02/jeff-wise-mh370-theory.html