[FPSPACE] Phobos First !!

dstdba dstdba at aim.com
Sat Apr 25 12:10:27 EDT 2015

If the issue of gravity is so pivotal for planning missions not only to Mars,

but to Phobos and Deimos as well, then it is a strong pointer to focus on

lunar missions for the time being.

If the 17% lunar gravity turns out to be manageable for taikonauts staying

on the Moon for one year or longer, then obviously the 38% Martian gravity

will pose no problem either.

We are then left with the issue of micro-gravity during interplanetary flight,

and in particular the ability of taikonauts to carry out necessary tasks on
Mars

upon touchdown.

--

Jens Kieffer-Olsen