[FPSPACE] Apollo 6

Jonathan McDowell planet4589 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:03:36 EDT 2015

There was a lot of debris associated with the launch. The outer layer of an
adapter panel broke free.
At one point there was speculation that the LTA fell out during launch or
detached afterwards in orbit,
and object 3817 (1968-25E) seems to have been a dense large debris object
that decayed slowly, could have
been the LTA. But we'll never really know.
 That's my understanding.
 - Jonathan McDowell