[FPSPACE] Apollo 6

Peter Pesavento pjp961 at svol.net
Wed Apr 22 10:47:28 EDT 2015

Thought I would run this by the assembled.

I have been looking up data on the Apollo 6 misson, and there is a lot of
imprecision as to what the actual intended mission of Apollo 6 was, as I
have been reading a good number of accounts about this.

So I am asking if someone could provide something a bit more definitive than
what I am seeing.

I have seen the following:

a)-it was a trip to the Moon;

b)-it was a trip to lunar distance (but not to the Moon);

c)-it was a trip to somewhat out to a lunar distance, but it was not
intended to go all the way out, and then have the payload come back to Earth
at second cosmic speed;

d)-it was intended to be an exceptionally highly elliptical mission pathway,
extending more than half-way to the Moon, but intended to test the CSM at
return speeds.

Also, what happened to the on-board LEM test article?

Thanks in advance for your responses.