[FPSPACE] FPSPACE Digest, Vol 133, Issue 12

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at online.nl
Mon Apr 13 13:50:10 EDT 2015

Peter Pesavento" <pjp961 at svol.net> wrote:

> Are the Russians claiming that the USA has satellite groupings that
> "gang up" on Russian satellite constellations to negate their purposes, and
> do this over Russian territory?   Unless I am way off base on this
> interpretation, I think the documentary has entered the "alternate reality"
> as much of what else is happening in Putin's directly-controlled media at
> the moment..

Well, there were MiTEx 1 and 2 (06-024A & B), and Prowler (90-097E):
http://sattrackcam.blogspot.nl/2011/07/prowler.html
But that is old stuff.

I wonder whether they are simply refering to NOSS (Naval Ocean Surveillance
System) pairs. The second (and third, in the old generation) in each pair were
often labeled "debris" in the US catalogue while clearly not debris but
operational satellites. And they serve an ELINT purpose indeed,which seems to
agree with what is said. But if the Russians really discovered this only
recently (which I don't believe), then their space intel is in a very sorry state.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.
e-mail: sattrackcam at langbroek.org

Cospar 4353 (Leiden):   52.15412 N, 4.49081 E (WGS84), +0 m ASL
Cospar 4355 (Cronesteyn): 52.13878 N, 4.49937 E (WGS84), -2 m ASL
Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
Twitter: @Marco_Langbroek
PGP key: http://tinyurl.com/kur7xm8
-----