[FPSPACE] Yuri's Night celebrations begin!

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Thu Apr 9 10:31:55 EDT 2015

  Down here in Cape Town, South Africa, our university space association organized a lunchtime video showing of the Mercury project; after sunset we will organize stargazing through 'scopes in the parking lot outside the Physics Dept.  On Saturday there will be a party outside a nightclub.

   When I looked at the yurisnight.net world map for my continent, Africa, I was delighted to see that Libyans have also organized a celebration - notwithstanding civil war. That's the spirit!  It is interesting that in Russia itself, half the celebrations appear to be in Siberian or Pacific towns, where only one-tenth of their population lives there. I would imagine that most of their snow has now melted, & all is squashy, squelchy, & squishy.

- Keith