[FPSPACE] Serious contingency plans needed for loss [temporary or otherwise] of Russian ISS effort

Alexandre Popov popov.alexandre at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 14:17:15 EDT 2015

Just thought that, perhaps, the following good news was out of your radar.
It has some answers on your questions. Isn't the news worth discussing?

Russia and the United States will work together on a roadmap to send humans
to Mars and the Moon, according to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden.
http://sputniknews.com/world/20150328/1020132249.html
<http://sputniknews.com/world/20150328/1020132249.html#ixzz3VuoBzRbD>

and

Russians and NASA Discuss Building a New Space Station
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/russians-talk-about-next-space-station-nasa-n331896

Please note, NASA's response to the reports is:
""We are pleased Roscosmos wants to continue full use of the International
Space Station through *2024* — a priority of ours — and expressed interest
in continuing international cooperation for human space exploration beyond
that. The United States is planning to lead a human mission to Mars in the
2030s, ...".

Best regards,

Alex