[FPSPACE] Soyuz TMA-14M solar panel fails to deploy

Geert Sassen geertsassen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 23:18:05 EDT 2014

Orbital module of Soyuz can't be used for EVA anymore as far as I know,
the hatch is bolted from the outside. But anyway, getting close to that
solar panel might be difficult, no handrails anywhere in the vicinity.
Initial comments seemed to hint they viewed it more as a 'cosmetic'
problem then any operational problem so why bother with an EVA?
Only problem might be the blocked radiator. Time will tell..

Regards,

Geert.