[FPSPACE] Speaking of Atlas V

Chris Jones clj at panix.com
Fri Sep 19 00:05:55 EDT 2014

On 9/18/2014 9:23 AM, David Portree wrote:
> I think because Boeing is being realistic about what is required to
> develop, certify, and fly a new piloted spacecraft. SpaceX, not so much.

Have you LOOKED at Boeing's history of being realistic in their cost
estimates?  There's the Dreamliner, the USAF tanker project, ISS
modules, all with multi-hundred million or billions of dollars of cost
overruns (and that was just the first page of my Google search).  Your
faith in Boeing is touching, but touting their realistic cost estimates
weakens your argument, in my opinion.