[FPSPACE] Speaking of Atlas V

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:25:37 EDT 2014

John:
I want to see a zero-gee washboard, myself. Oh, and an ironing board.
dsfp

David S. F. Portree
author and stuff

Email:
dsfportree at hotmail.com
dportree at usgs.gov

Profile:
http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/people/david-portree

Blogs:
http://www.wired.com/category/beyondapollo/
http://theportreelibrary.blogspot.com/
http://altairvi.blogspot.com/

From: john.b.charles at nasa.gov
To: kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:29:28 +0000
CC: fpspace at friends-partners.org
Subject: Re: [FPSPACE] Speaking of Atlas V

I have heard rumors of a prototype washing machine for a decade or more. It seems like a no-brainer. I would even volunteer to go along as the Laundry Officer.

John Charles

On Sep 18, 2014, at 15:40, "Keith Gottschalk" <kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za> wrote:

>>> On 2014/09/18 , David Portree <dsfportree at hotmail.com> wrote:

" Unless you count grocery delivery as exploration"

A less expensive grocery delivery to LEO & the Moon will be useful, at least until someone bolts on three or four large greenhouse modules.

  Talking of which, after 14 yrs of continuous human occupation in orbit, there is still no washing machine on ISS for dirty laundry? It seems incredible that this also has to wait until ISS mk. 2 is finally agreed upon by some consortium or company...
 I only hope I can make it from 68 to 88 yrs old to have any realistic chance of witnessing this!

- Keith

FPSPACE at www.friends-partners.org