[FPSPACE] Cold war on cold Moon

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:30:49 EDT 2014

There's this "national security archive" in DC that keeps putting out press materials to the effect that they are "revealing" secrets of the space age. The first one I caught was their bogus revelations about Project Horizon, which they said were based on recently released information. They put that PR out for the Apollo 11 anniversary in July. I suppose on a cosmic scale 1970s is recent. Perhaps if they would cease to make these claims the mainstream media, never very good at checking facts, would not publish drivel of this type.  Of course, that would mean this archive would not receive much attention.

David S. F. Portree
author and stuff
dsfportree at hotmail.com
dportree at usgs.gov