[FPSPACE] Speaking of Atlas V

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:23:33 EDT 2014

I think because Boeing is being realistic about what is required to develop, certify, and fly a new piloted spacecraft. SpaceX, not so much.
SpaceX is a lot like Shuttle before Challenger. Miracles promised, problems ignored, mundane achievements shouted to the rooftops as our latest big success. We know how that ended (don't we?).
I look at NASA's budget and the lofty aspirations of space explorers and I can't help but ask why we're developing three piloted spacecraft at once. It's ironic that SpaceX is short for "Space Exploration." Unless you count grocery delivery as exploration.
dsfp
David S. F. Portree
author and stuff

Email: