[FPSPACE] Speaking of Atlas V

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:59:47 EDT 2014

Hi, guys:

My understanding is that CST-100 can operate on multiple boosters; the idea is that it's not stuck in integral booster/spacecraft system rut. So, if that's correct, it might be launched on some other man-rated booster (whatever that might be).

I was pleased that Boeing, the fifty-year spaceflight veteran, won first place in the competition. It's hard to see how it could have been otherwise, given SpaceX's very limited experience. One thought - traditionally, second-place finishers in govt procurement competitions have not infrequently joined first-place finishers as subcontractors. Might SpaceX provide at least some boosters to launch CST-100?

dsfp

David S. F. Portree
author and stuff

Email: