[FPSPACE] Russian press picks up my "Crimea Trap" NBC article

JBC Gmail jbcharle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:27:56 EDT 2014

JimO, you always writes interesting informative timely articles. (Nice photo of training in a lake, too.)

Note that the original Russian article is based on just one man's comment, albeit the new head of GCTC, not an official Roscosmos policy--yet.

If it does become policy, maybe NASA, ESA, JAXA and CSA would reframe the argument to be about Russia's failure to provide training under acceptable conditions, putting the Soyuz launch services contract in jeopardy. (Just as if Roscosmos decided the training should be in Cuba or North Korea.)

Roscosmos might not really want to lose its biggest paying customer.

John Charles