[FPSPACE] excaliber almaz lawsuit filed in houston against art dula

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Sat Nov 15 05:18:11 EST 2014

we know that Excalibur Almaz, far from "vigorously pursuing a profitable
space programme" has been unable to ever launch anything into orbit to
date.
The allegations litigated over are facts which are either true or false,
so we must wait to see what the judge rules, or if there is an out of
court settlement.

>>> David Lee Rickman  11/15/14 6:36 AM >>>
Hi, Folks!

Just Curious... Has anyone else received a News Release from Excalibur
Almaz? If not, it may be that I've bugged them so much that I'm on the
Excalibur Almaz's email list. It's in PDF format which I'll quote:

"Excalibur Almaz response to lawsuit

HOUSTON, November 14, 2014 – Recent reports in the press reference a
lawsuit allegedly
being filed by Takafuma Horie. These allegations are baseless and will
be vigorously
defended. To set the record straight, Excalibur Almaz is not out of
business and is vigorously
pursuing a profitable commercial space program utilizing proven Russian
flight hardware
capable of re-use, contrary to recent allegations.

About Excalibur Almaz:

Excalibur Almaz's mission is to become the world leader in
providing reliable, affordable and routine access to space for
exploration, experimentation, and tourism for customers around
the world. EA plans to accomplish this by leveraging proven flight
tested products and systems from US, European, and Russian
space programs to create value, reduce costs, and development
time."

It's an interesting case, or turn of events. The man suing Excalibur
Almaz is the same man who did a couple of years in prison for committing
the same act that he now accuses Excalibur Almaz of committing. The big
difference in this case is that the suer is a multimillionaire with
money to burn. He was a billionaire when he invested in Excalibur Almaz
to found the Japanese Space Dream, but whose net-worth dropped
drastically after he was incarcerated.

I'll be more than happy to send a copy of the Excalibur Almaz PDF news
release to anyone who would like one.

Best Regards to All!

David L. Rickman

549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803
USA

Follow my progress as I recreate the Soviet Lunniy Korabl spaceship in
1:6 scale at http://lunniykorabl.blogspot.com