[FPSPACE] excaliber almaz lawsuit filed in houston against art dula

David Lee Rickman davidlrickman at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 23:32:52 EST 2014

Hi, Folks!

Just Curious... Has anyone else received a News Release from Excalibur Almaz? If not, it may be that I've bugged them so much that I'm on the Excalibur Almaz's email list. It's in PDF format which I'll quote:

"Excalibur Almaz response to lawsuit

HOUSTON, November 14, 2014 – Recent reports in the press reference a lawsuit allegedly
being filed by Takafuma Horie. These allegations are baseless and will be vigorously
defended. To set the record straight, Excalibur Almaz is not out of business and is vigorously
pursuing a profitable commercial space program utilizing proven Russian flight hardware
capable of re-use, contrary to recent allegations.

About Excalibur Almaz:

Excalibur Almaz's mission is to become the world leader in
providing reliable, affordable and routine access to space for
exploration, experimentation, and tourism for customers around
the world. EA plans to accomplish this by leveraging proven flight
tested products and systems from US, European, and Russian
space programs to create value, reduce costs, and development
time."

It's an interesting case, or turn of events. The man suing Excalibur Almaz is the same man who did a couple of years in prison for committing the same act that he now accuses Excalibur Almaz of committing. The big difference in this case is that the suer is a multimillionaire with money to burn. He was a billionaire when he invested in Excalibur Almaz to found the Japanese Space Dream, but whose net-worth dropped drastically after he was incarcerated.

I'll be more than happy to send a copy of the Excalibur Almaz PDF news release to anyone who would like one.

Best Regards to All!

David L. Rickman

549 Caribou Road
Asheville, NC  28803