[FPSPACE] Here's a question

Charles, John B. (JSC-SA211) john.b.charles at nasa.gov
Fri Nov 14 14:50:41 EST 2014

Good points!
Also, India.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Jones [mailto:clj at panix.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 01:42 PM Central Standard Time
To: fpspace at friends-partners.org <fpspace at friends-partners.org>
Subject: Re: [FPSPACE] Here's a question

On 11/14/2014 1:16 PM, Zeger Nuyens wrote:
> Not interplanetary of course but in the meantime Russians are
> launching your astronauts to the ISS because you can't do it
> anymore.

Yours too (and we did fly a Belgian astronaut on the shuttle).

Why is it Belgium (or the EU or ESA) doesn't fly their own astronauts?

Jim's original point was the current lack of Russian missions beyond
Earth orbit, which, for the (successor to) the first country to fly such
missions, is striking, given all the other players in the space (India,
China, Japan, ESA, USA; am I forgetting anyone?).