[FPSPACE] Here's a question

Chris Jones clj at panix.com
Fri Nov 14 14:42:10 EST 2014

On 11/14/2014 1:16 PM, Zeger Nuyens wrote:
> Not interplanetary of course but in the meantime Russians are
> launching your astronauts to the ISS because you can't do it
> anymore.

Yours too (and we did fly a Belgian astronaut on the shuttle).

Why is it Belgium (or the EU or ESA) doesn't fly their own astronauts?

Jim's original point was the current lack of Russian missions beyond
Earth orbit, which, for the (successor to) the first country to fly such
missions, is striking, given all the other players in the space (India,
China, Japan, ESA, USA; am I forgetting anyone?).