[FPSPACE] Here's a question

Christopher Gorski cpgorski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:34:56 EST 2014

Peter,

I was thinking about that with respect to landers recently.  Zero
successful landings since the Soviet era.  (Not many attempts that I am
aware of: Fobos-Grunt fairly recently; Mars-8 had a lander part, but that
would have been during the Yeltsin years.)

I hadn't looked at orbiters or flybys.  Doesn't look like there's been much
activity there either, though there seem to be a few planned missions on
the books...

Wikipedia has a great habit of putting together the most improbable lists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solar_System_probes may be worth
browsing for you!

--Christopher Gorski