[FPSPACE] Philae Lander Historic Touchdown on Rosetta Comet

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 08:23:31 EST 2014

One ESA source I read yesterday (not sure which one - sorry!) indicated that a flywheel on the spacecraft was spinning down at landing. When little Philae touched down but couldn't grab hold of the surface, the flywheel caused it to spin, possibly causing it to push off and contributing to the two-hour (!) initial bounce. Philae might be entirely outside its landing area.
dsfp

David S. F. Portree
author and stuff

Email: