[FPSPACE] on Virgin Galactic

Sven Grahn svengrahn at bahnhof.se
Wed Nov 5 04:33:43 EST 2014

Very thoughtful, Keith. I would just like to add an observation about the present debate. Some commentators say that Virdin G and Scaled have a cavalier attitude toward safety. I have met Virgin managers and engineers over a period of nine years and my imporession is the opposite. I have gone to dinner parties where VG employees started quarreling at the dinner table over safety issues! Of course, awareness of the importance of safety and the ability to do something about it are two different things. My comment only refers to the attitude of the people I have met

Interestingly, at the Wired NEXTFEST 2006 in NYC where the cabin layout of SS2 was revealed I was approached by the husband of one of the persons that had signed up to fly. He wondered if I felt that the feathering system is safe. He was worried about the safety of his wife and clearly had identifed the very novel feature of SS2. I wonder how feels today?

Sven