[FPSPACE] Sergey Andreev

David R. Woods drwoods at stny.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 22:58:45 EDT 2013

Folks,

I have just gotten word that Sergey Andreev, good friend and FPSpace
contributor has died after a long hard battle with blood cancer.  He was
a Senior Lecturer at Samara State Aerospace University and had a
Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/sergey.v.andreev.  He was
also the administrator of the archive at http://cosmopark.ru. There is
an interesting article online about him and his trip to Germany to
research some history of the V2 at http://samaratoday.ru/news/19615
<http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://samaratoday.ru/news/19615&usg=ALkJrhgljvUTO1usE4e2pw0LmxmxQMz_lw>.

His son, Nikita posted the following note on his own Facebook account:

    /TODAY, ABOUT SIX O'CLOCK IN THE EVENING DAD HAS GONE .../
    //
    /Thank all of you, who have supported him and the whole family
    during the illness!/
    //
    /The funeral will be the day after tomorrow, Oct.21-th. The time of
    the funeral is still to be specified, but most likely - at around 12
    a.m. hours of the day./
    //
    /my phone number is - +7 917 953 50 15/

Sergey was very well know to the Novosti Kosmonavtiki discussion forum
members and they have responded with a special section devoted to him at
http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/forum9/topic13880
<http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/forum9/topic13880/>

I have known Sergey for a number of years now and we have corresponded
on a number of subjects.  He was a smart, sarcastically funny guy and he
will be greatly missed.

Dave