[FPSPACE] Hoax science

Morris Jones morrisjones at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 20:07:50 EDT 2013

Bad science followed by a lack of oversight and peer review is an increasing problem for science in general, but especially for astrobiology and even some recent exoplanet claims. The Viking Mars data is still being celebrated as proof of life on Mars in some circles. This recent article puts this in context. Sadly I have seen some howlers at major scientific conferences, too.

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/Paper_written_as_science_hoax_published_by_157_science_journals_999.html

Morris Jones
Sydney

PS: Two physicists once won an IgNobel for a hoax paper in the social sciences. I hope this gets similar recognition.