[FPSPACE] FW: B612: Asteroid Threat Considered on CBS-TV's '60 Minutes' Sunday

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Sat Oct 5 19:22:55 EDT 2013

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 12:48:41 -0400
Subject: B612: Asteroid Threat Considered on CBS-TV's '60 Minutes' Sunday
From: rick.fienberg at aas.org
To: Rick.Fienberg at aas.org

THE FOLLOWING ITEM WAS ISSUED BY THE B612 FOUNDATION IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA, AND IS FORWARDED FOR YOUR INFORMATION. FORWARDING DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY THE AMERICAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY.

** Contact details appear below. **

B612 CEO AND CO-FOUNDER DR. ED LU WILL BE INTERVIEWED BY
ANDERSON COOPER ON 60 MINUTES, AIRING SUNDAY, 6 OCTOBER 2013

The B612 Foundation, dedicated to opening up the frontier of space exploration and protecting humanity from asteroid impacts, is providing information to media on this event:

B612 CEO and co-founder Dr. Ed Lu will be interviewed by Anderson Cooper on 60 MINUTES, airing this Sunday, October 6, 2013 (7:30-8:30 pm, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Contact:
Ian Murphy
ian at lucidity-llc.com

+1 310.689.6397

More information:
http://b612foundation.org/news/dr-ed-lu-on-60-minutes/

The B612 Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to opening up the frontier of space exploration and protecting humanity from asteroid impacts. The B612 Foundation is carrying out the first privately managed interplanetary space mission. The B612 Sentinel Space Telescope will find and track threatening asteroids before they find us. The name B612 is derived from the asteroid home of the Little Prince in the 1943 best-selling children’s novela, “Le Petit Prince,” the most famous work of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. In the book, the Little Prince came to realize that “what is essential is invisible to the eye.” This axiom holds true for humanity as well, as perhaps the most important challenge facing us is the half million Near Earth Asteroids in the sky -- out of sight and out of mind of most people on Earth. The B612 Foundation believes that humanity can harness the power of science and technology to protect the future of civilization on this planet, while extending our reach into the solar system. Our view is that we are not passengers on Space Ship Earth -- we are the Crew.

If you do not wish to receive press releases or other announcements that are forwarded to the news media by the American Astronomical Society, please unsubscribe by replying accordingly to any incoming email, or send email to rick.fienberg at aas.org. Requests for referrals to experts on astronomy and space science should be sent to the same address. Rick Fienberg, AAS Press Officer, +1 202-328-2010 x116, @AAS_Press (Twitter).